Dear colleagues and supporters,
We are well and truly into May so if you are considering making a contribution, this would be a great time.
I am pleased to report that so far your colleagues have contributed over $60,000 to this year’s effort.
- All contributions are fully tax deductible.
- The directors of TTD pay all the administration costs so your donation goes a long way.
- And, your money can indeed go a very long way in Africa. $A1000 employs a nurse in Ethiopia for 6 months and because of the extreme lack of doctors, nurses do a lot of what might be “doctoring” here in Australia.
- TTD concentrates on programmes that train medical staff so the concept is that you can have a substantial effect on delivering medical care to the developing world without the logistical nightmare, cost and considerable danger of actually having to go there.
- So you can be working here and your effort can pay for medical personnel delivering services in some of the most under- resourced places in the world.
You work here and your effort is “duplicated” and in fact greatly amplified there. Hence the concept of TWICE The Doctor.
Please share this with colleagues and supporters,
Regards to all,
On behalf of the Directors of Twice the Doctor Foundation